Friday, May 11, 2007

Sandpiper


Paperback Cover























O.k. so I read this book Sandpiper by Ellen Wittlinger last year and it was really really good! I have also read two other books by her and really like them she is a wonderful author she really brings her characters to life! Its like youre sitting right next to them while your reading. So anyway I was in Books A Million cruzing the shelves and saw Sandpiper but when I pulled it out to look at it I realized it had a different cover! The new cover is for paperback I have the hard cover but I really want to get the paperback because I love the new cover I mean dont get me wrong I love the hardback too their both awsome!

Derek really liked me -- at least, he acted that way. I liked him too at first, but it lasted only a few weeks before he was getting on my nerves. And once I break it off with a guy, I don't even want to see him anymore. For a while I feel like I don't want to see any guys anymore, but that doesn't last long either.
Sandpiper Hollow Ragsdale has a bad reputation. At first she just wanted a boyfriend, but now she's had a dozen and doesn't know what she saw in any of them. When one of Sandy's exes, Derek, starts harassing her, a mysterious boy called the Walker comes to her aid. Walker spends his days wandering through town. When Sandy begins to walk with him, he evades her questions, unwilling to reveal anything about himself. She's interested but wary -- why is Walker so secretive? As Derek's aggressions turn dangerous, Sandy and Walker are forced to confront the pain of their pasts, which each of them would rather forget.

-summary from Barnes and Noble

hardback Cover

1 comment:

The Speaker said...

Wow. It's weird how the covers impact my feeling about it. I would never pick it up based on the paperback cover, but if I saw the hardback I'd probably read the inside flap. Strange. Eh?